Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentine is for Beer Lovers



So of course, on the most important of all love days, what better to do than sample local beer. In case you haven't noticed, Northwest Arkansas has become a tiny little beer hub community. If you don't believe me, then read this article from the Fayetteville Flyer. I bet you are impressed now!!

Ok, so now that I have your attention, follow us through our first married Valentine's day together. Yes, Shane and I got married last November and there will most definitely be an epic post on that because we had many beer events associated with our wedded bliss. But today, let's just think about February 14th, 2015.

Judge me all you want, but the day began with a shared bucket of popcorn, and "50 Shades of Gray." Fayetteville is home to a little gem with $4.00 weekend matinees so before you get all fired up about us spending too much money on garbage keep in mind that the ticket was cheaper than your common pint of brew, AND the popcorn was especially fresh, and delicious. I'm no movie critic, so for the movie all I will say is this: movies are supposed to entertain an audience, and I was entertained. If you want to see more of Christian Gray, then I recommend that you check out The Fall (streaming on Netflix) to see Jamie Dornan in his element.

With a belly full of popcorn, we headed north to one of the newest breweries in the area. I wont lie, as   residents of Fayetteville who live near downtown, trudging to Exit 86 feels like a major deal. We actually have a bit of an ongoing joke about going north of Exit 69 (Unless of course it's to go into Missouri). So, we ventured all the way to exit 86 to try out Bike Rack Brewing Co. My favorite part about this place is the space. In sunnier weather it will be even better as they have a great patio. It's right across the street from a Farmer's Co-op which just adds to its charm. It's also on the city bike path which will make it a happening place when the weather is nicer. We tried two of their beers: The Slaughter Pen Ale, and The Angus Chute American Stout. They were out of the FAST Indian Pale Ale, which made me very sad. As far as their beer goes, I love supporting local business and I think they have a lot of room to grow. They are definitely someone to keep our eyes on, but right now, there's a lot of great beer in the area and this is not topping the chart.



We thought about trying Foster's Pints and Plates, but being Valentine's Day, and us having no reservation, and this new restaurant in Rogers having just opened on the 13th, the wait was just too long for me to bear. We will have to head north again to try it on a non-holiday. So instead we headed across the street to Core Brewing 's new tap room in Rogers. Core's beer is solid. Shane claims that the ESB by Core is his favorite local beer, and I will agree that it is a perfect balance of hops and ale with a very refreshing and unique taste. I have my own favorite but I wont share it today. The new space in Rogers is pretty swanky. We still prefer their original location in Springdale, and we are way excited for the new tap room to open in Fort Smith so we can take the in-laws!

The night ended with Hammontree's take out, and a movie at home with Founder's All Day IPA. I think the pups really enjoyed the movie..

1 comment:

  1. It is very striking for valentine day.I like it very much.My first choice,It's very functional and attractive.

    ReplyDelete